We are already in the middle of October, and shortly all NetSuite customers will be upgraded to the 2022.2 version and will be enjoying some fresh enhancements and new functionalities within their NetSuite environment.
As part of their goal to consistently optimise their customers’ business operations and further automate their financial processes, NetSuite left nothing to chance and carried out a wide variety of improvements ranging from core accounting activities to banking, inventory management or within SuiteAnalytics.
Whether you have already familiarised yourselves with the enhanced functionalities in a Release Preview account or not, the following features selection will give you some insight into NetSuite’s upgraded possibilities and how they will help your company grow.
We tested NetSuite’s 2022.2 new or enhanced features and picked a couple of them that we found interesting for you to discover:
1. Multi-Subsidiary Customer Now Compatible With Consolidated Payments
Are you currently using multi-subsidiary customers in your NetSuite account? This feature is made for you. NetSuite 2022.2 provides compatibility between the Multi Subsidiary Customer and Consolidated Payments features. To use these features together, all parent customers must have all subsidiaries of their sub customers.
If you sell to customers who have subcustomers, the Consolidated Payments feature gives you the flexibility to accept payment for sub customer invoices from either the top-level customer or from the individual sub customer.
2. New 360 Dashboards
NetSuite has promised us some exciting new dashboards on SuiteWorld 2021. It looks like we will be seeing the Cash 360 Dashboard and Project 360 Dashboard in this 2022.2 New Release, as they were postponed in the 2022.1.
Those dashboards are really nice-looking and providing some nice insights on your business. Nevertheless, we have spotted the following limitations:
- It only shows data for the subsidiary of the currently logged in user.
- Those dashboards are not customizable.
3. Warehouse Management Enhancements – Smart Count Suite app
If you are an inventory-based company using the WMS, this feature is for you. Embedded within NetSuite, NetSuite Smart Count is fully integrated with NetSuite Inventory Management. Smart Count gives organizations added efficiencies, greater control over their stock, and more flexibility when making financial and business decisions.
Please note that this new Suite app is a paid bundle.
We have identified the limitation that it does not support Lot or Serialized items.
4. Few User Interface Enhancements
- Inline Editor Sublist Tooltip
When you hover over a cell of a sublist, a tooltip will show the name of the column. In the example below, we hovered over the Units cell and the Units tooltip appeared.
Even if this feature is a great add-on, we would have been looking for the header to be moving while scrolling down.
Menu Search Enhancement
The Menu Search feature is enabled by default. To disable the menu search, go to Home > Set Preferences. On the Analytics subtab, clear the Page Search box.
This feature is a quite useful one, and allows you to get the following view:
5. Fresh new interface of SuiteAnswers
As of September 6, 2022, you have all noticed that a new version of SuiteAnswers is available to all NetSuite customers.
The new version includes the following key features:
Updated user interface
- The title bar on the home page contains a menu button on the left with links to the main resources of SuiteAnswers. On the right side there is the NetSuite status logo which displays the current status of available services. Additionally, there are the Contact Support and global Feedback buttons.
- The homepage contains announcements, featured videos, newly uploaded videos and staff picked videos, and content categories.
- The article view includes an estimated reading time, a list of content that other users found useful, and reworked code samples. The Share button allows you to share an article through a link or by sending an email. The email option supports multiple recipients.
Improved search – You can search by using natural language as well as keywords and article ID. Filters based on content type, product categories and target audience enable you to narrow down your search results. The search bar features suggested search matches as you type and search history.
New support options – also included is a new support case form which introduces a case quality indicator. Chat-based support is now provided through the NetSuite Virtual Support Assistant. You can access both by clicking the Contact Support button.
Expanded video content – a revised video page includes clickable previews of videos which are now categorized by product area and use case. You can access the videos page by clicking the menu button and clicking on Videos.
Did you know this?
- Each NetSuite Release actually occurs in four phases from Mid-July until the Mid-October for the .2 Release. You typically would also get an email notification sent to the address(es) configured in your administrative notification settings
- Your Release Preview environment is typically made available about one month before your scheduled upgrade. However, from our experience, you can get it earlier in the release cycle by simply requesting (via Setup >> Company >> Release Preview).
- In addition to requesting a Release Preview (RP) account for your Production account, it is also possible to request a separate Release Preview account for each of your Sandbox accounts.
- Similar to the Sandbox refresh, you can request for a fresh snapshot of your Production data to be pushed to your Release Preview environment.
- The Sandbox environment also gets upgraded but typically not on the same day as Production.
- If your account has already been moved to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), you can actually reschedule the Upgrade if required:
Novutech is there to assist you during every new release cycle
If these features tickled your interest, have a look at the more detailed release notes to learn more about the exciting new updates offered in the new release.